Central Islip State Hospital served the counties of New York and Richmond.
1916 Central Islip State Hospital.
Central Islip State Hospital – OPACITY.
The Central Islip Cemetery Restoration Project.
“On February 28, 1896, by act of the Legislature, the New York City asylums for the insane were transferred to state care, under the name of the Manhattan State Hospitals, with three divisions, namely: Manhattan State Hospital East (male department), Manhattan State Hospital West (female department), on Ward’s Island; and Manhattan State Hospital at Central Islip for both sexes. At that date there were 30 buildings at Central Islip. In 1912, not including a group of four in process of construction, there are 118.”
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO They’re Buried Where? by Seth Voorhees
THE BAD NEWS: Thousands Remain Nameless! 6.15.2015.